5/28/2009

A smile is a curved line that makes everything straight!

A smile can brighten the darkest of days, whether it is yourself or someone else. When I was young I was having problems making friends and my mother taught me to just smile. Years later my brother gave me the quote I used for the title and it has always brought a smile to my face. I think of an older Asian gentleman we greeted each morning as we walked to work. He would break forth in a big grin. It brightened my day! Our oldest daughter Carolyn continues to smile, even after breaking her femur, this past weekend. Her cheerfulness lightens the work of everyone in the hospital. Though her recovery will extend 6 weeks her positive and cheerful attitude could be heard in her voice as we conversed some 12546.86 kilometers (7796.26 miles)away. She is an inspiration to all of us. Carolyn has weathered many storms in her life and faces challenges with optimism and perseverance. She keeps her spirits high, her faith in God strong, and her outlook on life bright. She is a bit of sunshine in our lives. The Lord taught in the Book of Mormon: 2 Nephi 2:25 - Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy. Carolyn exhibits that joy. And her joy is a testimony of Jesus Christ and his plan of happiness for all of us as we so travel this pathway of life. So SMILE! People may think you're up to something- and you are! Make it a great day! (Pictures of Carolyn)

3 comments:

4 Peanuts and a Cashew said...

Love this post. Carolyn is an inspiration to all. Optimism is a Flynn trait that I am trying to emulate--you are all happy and positive people!

Bea said...

I feel bad for Carolyn. :o( Her Mommy being sooooooooo many miles away. And you know, no matter how optomistic we are, sometimes we just need our Mommies :o(
I will smile today :o)

Jennefer said...

Glad to hear that she is in good spirits!