Our daughter shared this experience with us.

Natalie’s prayer Dec 2008I have been getting everything ready and planned for Tate’s baptism this coming Saturday. My Grandpa Tate, whom Tate is named after, will be performing the Baptism. My Grandparents live in Saint George and are driving up for this occasion. I spent the morning trying to reach them by phone since I didn’t get any feedback from an email I sent out days earlier. One of their phone numbers rang through as being out of order, and their other phone went straight to voice mail with a full mailbox. I emailed my mom to try to reach them via email and as I sent it I had this sudden fear that something had happened to my Grandparents.
I immediately said a silent prayer that they would be safe and okay.
And was given a feeling that the phone would ring and it would be them. Within five minutes the phone rang and it was my Grandma! Their phones and Internet had been down for the past week. They had been given a temporary phone number and felt they should call me and find out the details to Tate’s baptism.

I am sure that they thought nothing much of their phone call, but the timing was undeniable. I know that they were inspired to call at that moment as a swift and confirming answer to my prayer.
Child's Prayer*
Heaven Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child’s prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away,
but I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now,
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago
"Suffer the children to come to me,"
Father in prauer,I'm coming now Thee.*Primary Children's Song
1 comment:
Your prayer was certainly answered. Whenever I was concerned for our boys while they were on their missions, I would pray, and immediately feel peace and assurance that they were being taken care of, and in His hands. The Miller girl in our ward bore testimony of prayer this past Sunday. She said that she took ill suddenly, and felt that she wasn't going to pull through. Before the paramedics came, she felt her father's hands on her head, and his voice praying for her. She came around after the prayer, and felt like she was fine, left wondering what happened. They took her to the hospital, and she checked out just fine, with nothing wrong. Yes, prays are powerful, and effect us as we have faith in Christ, and reach out to touch His robe...
Love you guys, keep up the good work.
MarJean & Rich
Post a Comment