
There are many nationalities represented in Australia. Some of the Senior couple missionaries serve in a Chinese branch and a Vietnamese branch, and we are in a mostly Polynesian Ward, though the Samoan speaking ward is the ward after us. To help get better acquainted I have been taking the member’s pictures and having them write their names (I can’t understand it when they say it because they are Polynesian. I’m still surprised every time I hear the Polynesian members speak with their combined Polynesian and Australian accents. Two of our PROV volunteers are also in the ward (they are from Germany and Italy). Pictures - above - Bishop & Sister David are Polynesians, The Basils are from India. The DeLucas are from Italy.

Gisela Eisnmann and Rosemarie are from Germany. They hosted tea (dinner) on Saturday evening for us with a true German meal and spoke mostly German with Michael who conversed fluently with them and Linda caught a number of words and the idea of the conversation. English was also spoken periodically. Tea (dinner)ended with a rich Black Forest cake. Delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment