Our friends, Judy & David took us out to explore more of Melbourne. They are in our Glen Roy Ward and Judy also is one of our volunteers at the PROV.
We visited South Melbourne Market where we bought beautiful fresh produce. We have loved the fresh fruits and vegetables found at the local markets. It makes us excited to have a garden again next summer. I also found an "Australia" knitted neck scarf that I had been searching for
We visited South Melbourne Market where we bought beautiful fresh produce. We have loved the fresh fruits and vegetables found at the local markets. It makes us excited to have a garden again next summer. I also found an "Australia" knitted neck scarf that I had been searching for
They then took us to Willams Town on Port Phillip for lunch and to see the bay. We were delighted as we had only seen the bay from afar.
It was a beautiful clear windy day (my favorite type of weather). The breeze was not too cold but it sure made our hair stand on end.
Williams Town is a quaint stylish port town with old buildings and cafe's that lined the sidewalks. It was a wonderful Saturday P-day.
2 comments:
You are lucky to have visited a nice local food market. Most of our fruits and vegetables are shipped here from the states and do not taste the best. I try to get Korean food when I can.
Recently we were on the subway and a Korean who spoke English with an Australian accent offered to help us. He said he lives in Sydney, Australia, but was in Korea visiting his parents. I said that was funny because we recently visited my parents who were living in Sydney. I said that you guys recently moved to Melbourne (I said Melberne) though- he laughed at my pronunciation and said its pronounced Melbun. We said you guys say it right. He thought it was funny that he was helping us out with directions when we live here and he doesn't, but he could read the Korean so that is what we needed. Anyway- sorry for the super long comment!
Great pictures and story of you P-day -- sounds like you had a wonderful sight-seeing day!
The days are winding down (for both you guys and us -- we'll enjoy what time we have left here, but we're anxious to go home too.
See you soon!
Post a Comment